The ESPAC Initiative is becoming increasingly involved with the standardization process of the IWA4. As such, the ESPAC Initiative will strive for the eventual Incorporation of the European Union in IWA4 standardization process. The ESPAC Initiative will:
• Explore research capabilities as assistance
• Explore the eventual creation of training programs,
• …create a network of experts and information to participate in eventual working group, to create knowledge.
• …become involved with the national standardization bodies.
• Create added support within the member states (through the national standard bodies), in order to vote in favor for the IWA4 standardization.
• Prove that IWA4 is a serious process and combine/find experts to expand international network for support
In accordance with this understanding the ESPAC Initiative would like to suggest the following expert & technical support:
1. The ESPAC Initiative will strive to secure a 3-member EU IWA4 Team for assisting IWA 4 Standardization & Implementation process.
1.1. Building European IWA4 Contact Group representing EU National Standards Bodies. As an informal temporary Task Force, it will assist the process of IWA4 standardization and cri-teria update. The European IWA4 Contact Group will provide professional Opinions & Posi-tions which will be presented to the ISO TC 176 during the IWA4 approval process.
1.2. Initiating International IWA4 Training Task Force which will develop/adjust/deliver on-line IWA4 Training Programs for:
1.2.1. Training Programs for Upgrading the Local Governments’ capacity for building Quality Management Systems in accordance with IWA4 updated criteria
1.2.2. Training Programs for Upgrading ISO auditors’ special knowledge in evaluating the conformity of Local governments’ Quality Management Systems in accordance with IWA4 updated criteria
1.3. Initiating integrated Global System of Regional IWA4 Training Centers which will serve as the physical infrastructure for expert & technical support for Local Governments in the IWA4 implementation process
Concerning the implementation of the suggested activities, the ESPAC Initiative has various qualified members and partners in both academic and professional institutions for further cooperation. The Global systems of Regional IWA4 training centers will be examined through the international support and coordination of the United Nations University centers.
Tasks between now and March 2012:
• Building EU IWA4 Team for assisting IWA 4 Standardization & Implementation process.
• Building & Operating European IWA4 Contact Group representing EU National Standards Bodies
• Preparing the ground for International IWA4 Training Task Force